Family Traditions with Gran Reserva - Sensible Stylista

Family Traditions with Gran Reserva



When I was a little kid, I spent most of my time practicing piano with my mom - she was my first teacher and cracked the whip pretty intensely when it came to my musical studies.  I was putting in a good 4-6 hours a day in addition to school, so suffice it to say, my life revolved around tickling the ivories.
I didn't have much free time, but I still took tae-kwon-do with my father, a bajillionth-time world champion.  He's a 9th degree black belt in TKD and has several schools around the US.  He was the first ITF middleweight champion and was proclaimed the "fastest kicker alive."

....sooo yeah, I definitely listened to him when I was being disciplined as a child, ha.  Anywho, I earned a 2nd degree black belt, but father-daughter time didn't stop there!  He was and still is an avid golfer so he'd take me out to his country club to teach me everything he knew about the game.  To be completely honest, I wasn't a huge fan of it growing up - I thought golf was boring and it was always so dang hot outside - but I grew to love our hangs, and now that I'm older, I cherish every moment we spend together even more.
I'm all about hustling and working hard to achieve my dreams, but family will always come first in my book.  End of story.  I feel like it's easy to take your family for granted because they love you unconditionally, but like all relationships, you must treat them with the utmost care, and that means making sacrifices on the daily.

Now, do I think golf's the best thing since sliced bread? No, but I love our age-old tradition, and I honestly look forward to it every time I come home.  I'm not the best golfer in the world, but I can definitely hold my own.  We also enjoy watching championship games together while sipping Gran Reserva!  Mom doesn't usually go out with us, but she'll often join us for a glass of red when we're hanging out in the basement watching tournaments on the big screen.
Before I leave you today, I have a surprise for you guys.  Enjoy a $25 credit on a round of golf at major golf courses nationwide courtesy of Concha y Toro Bran Reserva.  Find a specially marked bottle necker where you buy wine. And you can also enter a great sweepstakes to win one year of free golf - click here to enter!

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

1 comment

  1. Wonderful, Kim. Touching to hear how much you treasure the time spent with your parents. Thanks. Michael

    ReplyDelete